Name: Jessamine Clairelune
Affiliation: Camp Jupiter, Fifth Cohort
Model: Teresa Palmer
“You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though everybody is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.”
- Fortuna and Felix Clairelune gave birth to Jessamine after a one-nighter.
- Jessamine will meets Ethan at age 7, who was a bully because he was angry about his relationship with his dad and felt the need to feel powerful. He began victimizing all his classmates, especially Jessy. Pulling on her hair and stuff like that, eventually she got sick of it and broke his nose. They hated eachother for a bit after that, but he eventually came to respect her as she grew fond of him.
- She had a very laid back father that wasn't too invasive towards his her, which she was very much okay with, liking her privacy. He wasn't the classy type, working at home with his laptop on a well-paying Google job and always chilled. He'd occasionally get out of the house to go to the groceries or spend some time drinking at the pub, but was able to control his addictions' for Jess' sake. He loved her and she loved him, they weren't too picky and left each other just enough space, but still spending some quality time together watching old half-assed movies because they liked it.
- As the two grew onto each other, they were inseparably best friends by the age of 8. They started hanging out with one another more and more until their bonds were secluded from the rest of the world. Ethan liked to spend the night out at Jess' place, seeking refuge from his father. They'd always have sleepovers, and even slept in the same bed before they became teens; during that time, Ethan would let his guard down and so would Emma, as he confessed his fathers' sins while she comforted him. At those moment, they knew they'd always need each other.
- The two get picked up by the wolves at age 13, getting their butts saved on their first monster attack. They train and develop their demigod abilities with Lupa, and were doing just fine until the goddess gave them directions to go to Camp. Emma, not wanting to leave her father, immediately refused to and Ethan shared her fate in order to not get separated. They go back to their home town and manage to disintegrate any monster threat they'd face for a solid year.
- Moving on, when the two turn 14. Ethan has serious anger issues, ends up joining a gang and just raises all hell. Jessy tried to talk him out of that stuff, but he didn't give it any worth. So eventually Ethan's atrocities caught up with him and he was condemned to spend a few years, three to be precise, in juvy.
- Since Ethan is taken away from Emma, she decided to go back to Lupa and get into CJ afterwards, having forgotten the directions. Since she was believed to be undisciplined by not directly reaching camp and going back home, she had to prove herself to be worthy of the title of Legionar by fighting one of the wolves one on one, using nothing but a sword, without any armor. Fortunately, she succeeded, but it left various scars on her back as well as in her memories, as it reminded her that she had to face all of this without her best friend. She eventually joined the 5th cohort, having no letters of recommendation from a properly retired Roman.
- The two stay on separate paths until they both turned 17. Jessamine had served the SPQR for three years, therefore earning a legionnaire title, and Ethan was released from juvy. He immediately went out to look for Emma, finding nothing but her father, who told her she got a scholarship to some boarding school named "SPQR". He goes to find Lupa once again after the last few years years, trains as if he were a new recruit and joined CJ.
Personality: Jessamine, or Jess as she prefers to be called, is the type of person you shouldn't mess with. She is a survivor, and used to being a loner after being separated from her her friend Ethan and being sent to camp, therefore a sucker for the underdog. Against her better judgement, she will compromise herself to fight for what is right and to help those in need. She is strong and aggressive, but her brokenness and her emotions are not buried far beneath her tough exterior. Her first reaction to most things is anger, but she has spent her life trying to manage her temper. She is both rash and calculated, and is forced to deal with her instincts to protect her loved ones. In the simplest form, Emma is a list of contrasting qualities: She is hard and soft; she is intense and easy going; she is strong and vulnerable; she is safe and dangerous; she is logical and impulsive and, all in all, an ally and a badass.
- Children of Fortuna are able to bless a weapon with a “lucky” shot, so that the next attack has a 95% chance of striking the target. This power cannot be used to launch fatal or severe blows, it can only be used twice in a fight.
- Children of Fortuna can enhance their bodies with success and prosperity, enhancing their physical strength and speed for a short time.
- Children of Fortuna have the minor ability to foresee the action of others, such as the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Fortuna dearly.
- Children of Fortuna are able to curse a weapon with misfortune, so that the next 3 attacks with it will not strike its target. This can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Fortuna emit a lucky aura, so everyone around them will be slightly more lucky. They can shut it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Fortuna are able to see all the possible outcomes of any situation, whether it be a gamble, battle or even nearing dangers, in order to react with the best tactic and reach the best conclusion. They can figure out any chance of success, and even if the odds are overwhelming, they are still able to perceive and understand any cause and effect relation regarding the situation. As such, they make better strategists.
- Children of Fortuna are able to bless an object, making it into a “lucky” charm, that they can either keep for themselves, or give to someone else, the object when used can bless the user with one shot of extra luck that will land. This can not be used to severely harm others, and can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Fortuna can cause someone to hallucinate about their impending doom and bad luck, distracting them momentarily from the task at hand. This allows the user to attack or flee freely. The intensity of the hallucination can be augmented, but drains more energy.
- During battle, children of Fortuna are able to utilise their life-force and use it as an aura of luck over their allies. The aura protects the child's allies for a short period of time, and can be used on groups of up to ten demigods. the more allies the child protects, the weaker the luck aura will be. The use of the power is severe draining and while in use the user is completely incapacitated. The allies are able to move and attack freely under the barriers, depending on the strength of the barrier their attacks will be stronger/more likely to land and it’ll be easier to avoid attacks.
- Children of Fortuna can jinx an opponent, making their luck so bad that they’d constantly trip on their two feet, drop their weapons, get dust in their eyes etc. The jinx only lasts for a short time and leaves the opponent vulnerable to an attack or gives the user a chance to flee.
3 Months After Character is MadeEdit
- Children of Fortuna can turn their surrounding area into either a bliss zone, terror zone or a black box. The area will be a 10 meter radius with the user’s location as the center. In a bliss zone, everything good that can happen will happen. In a terror zone, everything bad that can happen will happen. And in a black box, outcomes of actions will be wild and unpredictable. Ex: an animal could run in and interfere with an attack. Someone getting hurt in one of the zones will count as good or bad, depending on how much damage they’ve taken/given beforehand. An injured character getting hurt more counts as bad and an uninjured character getting hurt counts as good. This will not ensure permanent or lethal damage. The zone only lasts for a moderate amount of time before fading away. This power can only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is MadeEdit
- Children of Fortuna are able to induce terrible luck on a target for a short time, an enhancement of Supplementary 4. The probability of terrible things happening to them drastically increases. They could be in the epicentre of a mild earthquake, powerful storm or even in the destination of a meteorite shower etc. The user must ensure they’re a safe distance when creating the curse and thus can curse someone from up to a 20 meter distance. The curse cannot be used to instantly murder someone and the user is substantially drained once it ends.
9 Months After Character is MadeEdit
- Children of Fortuna are able to make themselves so lucky for a short time, it will enhance their abilities. In this state, the user will be so lucky, all attacks aimed towards them would fail. Their physical prowess substantially increases and all their attacks have an 85% chance of success. Once the luck enhancement subsides, the user will be so drained they won’t be able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Fortuna are generally very lucky in all that they do.
- Children of Fortuna are typically adept at playing games of chance.
- Children of Fortuna normally see the luck of any person, whether they’re incredibly fortunate or plagued with terrible luck. They can also see different possible fates of others when idle, but the child will have no idea which one shall come to pass. Ex: They’d be able to see a person’s possible future of where they become a famous celebrity and another one where they’re a homeless vagrant.
- Adept at archery (especially long range)
- Ability to use her powers to distract opponents
- Can come up with efficient strategies quickly
- Overestimates her abilities
- Panics when her powers fail
- Anxious without Ethan
Weapons: Imperial Gold Bow and Arrow and Celestial Bronze daggers
- Jessamine is from New York.
- She knows how to play the piano and violen.
- Her best friend and teammate is Ethan Barnes
- She is able to speak English, Latin and French.
- Amongst Roman soldiers at camp, she is an archery prodigy.
- She is an official Legionnaire and has served the Legion for three years.
- The name Jessamine is a Persian baby name. In Persian the meaning of the name Jessamine is of the flower, jasmine.